Monday, July 13, 2009

My Girls

weekends are always over in a flash, while the weekdays crawl by ever so slowly.

i guess most people, if not all, feel the same way. weekends are never enough. i wish we could have like a 3-day weekend and 4-day work week. maybe i should migrate to another country which has such a system. hehe. but then again, doesn't everyone want that? without receiving a cut in our current salary that is.

anyhow, i had a great time this weekend. despite being at home the whole time with the exception for sunday morning when i went to church. sometimes, it doesn't matter where or what you're doing, it's who you're with that makes your day. i realised that chatting and getting to know others better, receiving their help and accommodation, by just being part of a group, a community, giving you support when you need it, can make one happy too.

and my st. nicks friends are there for me throughout it all. they've been part of my life since i gotta know them. even in jc, my friends were mainly them. i did not venture out too much to know new friends. when i stayed in hall, my friends in hall were also them. now that we've graduated and are all working, they're the ones i meet up with the most, and we keep ourselves updated with one another through daily emails. and during this time when i'm currently homebound, they're still the ones who visit me almost every week and making time for me. even now that i'm playng maple, my maple friends are mainly them too. i guess, with the exception of church and work, they're otherwise very much involved in all aspects of my life. and i know for sure, that they'll be the ones i will grow old with together.

cheers to our 10 (and some, 11 and 12) years and counting of friendship! i love you girls! :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home