Sunday, May 15, 2011

be happy

in case you start thinking that i'm a sad person, i had better start posting about something happier. i do not usually dwell on unhappy things. in fact, i am generally very happy almost everyday. because, yes, i know i'm not alone :)

despite all that has happened to me, i think my life is generally quite good. what more can you ask for when you have a family who loves you so much and who will willingly throw aside whatever they are doing just so they can be there for you during your most difficult time?

indeed, it's time i take stock of my life and ask myself if i could do the same thing for them. i'm sure i could. but at the same time, i do not need or want to 'test' it out because i do not wish the same suffering i had upon them. i'm glad that i am the one who has to suffer all these instead of them. i'm not so sure if they could take it as well as me. and that's why we have different trials and obstacles in life. they are there to strengthen us, and for us to know ourselves a little better.

so live life happily. there is no point in dwelling in the past, or being unhappy all the time. find something to look forward to. i think it is important to be proactive in life. to plan for things but yet go with the flow at the same time. be spontaneous. you can have a standard of things, but try to lower your expectations if you or people around you are unable to meet them. be content with what you have, but never stop trying for more. and i believe that giving is better than receiving. so i give generously, and i expect nothing in return.

of course, i don't think myself as a perfect being. but i try, to the best of my ability, to keep the people around me happy. it kinda upsets me when people are sad. i would somehow think that it is my fault. that i did not do enough to keep them happy. and i guess, that's one of my weakness (because i end up feeling really bad).

so after much thinking, this is my philosophy in life - be happy. be spontaneous. be content. be giving.

no matter what life throws at you, know that you are never alone :) and yes, Jesus is the centre of my life :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home