Sunday, May 15, 2011

a dream

i had a dream the other night. most people will probably call it a nightmare. but you'll supposed to feel scared during a nightmare right? but somehow i wasn't scared. actually, the scary thing was how i didn't feel scared. this was how the dream went...

i was in a car with my brother driving. we were in a car race. i can't remember what kind of car race, but it obviously involves high speed driving. so as he was driving at a super high speed, we suddenly found ourselves in an accident. again, i did not witness how it happened. it was one moment driving, and the next moment we were already injured with the windscreen shattered.

glass shards were embedded in my skin everywhere and caused my tibia bones to be exposed on both legs. it looked gross and disgusting. but in the dream, i was very calm, telling my family not to worry about me. it was just another accident. i remember thinking to myself that it's okay, i will heal and recover. it's not a big deal.

with that, i woke up. the sun was just beginning to rise. instinctively, i felt for both my legs. and discovered that it was only just a dream. relief overcame me. the dream felt that real to me. i couldn't believe that, in the dream, i accepted the fact that i was once again in an accident so readily that i wondered if there was something wrong with me. anybody in the right mind would have panicked. how could i be so calm and resigned to my fate so easily?

well, perhaps, i have indeed resigned to my fate. that misfortunes will follow me wherever i go. and indeed, people who know me knows that i accept whatever befalls on me readily. i don't complain much about what i have been put through. i may sometimes feel it's unfair and still continue to hope for a better life. but i trust that God has plans for me. and He did not leave me alone. He gave me a strong mind and strong willpower. and He also gave me a very supportive family, and a close group of friends. i know i definitely won't be able to do this without them. i know i am not alone.

He will walk with me through this and carry me whenever i fall.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home