Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Principal

my p is a really weird man. one day recently, he suddenly walked to my cubicle, with a solemn look, and the following conversation took place:

p: i have something for you to do now (in my mind, i was thinking it was something important)
p: i need you to find out for me how much it is to rent a treadmill.
me: oh, you mean for the school? but we already have treadmills. (sudden realisation) oh or you mean you want it for yourself?
p: yes for myself. i want to put one at home. (chey, and i really thought he had something important to tell me)
me: isn't it cheaper to buy than to rent? how long do you want to rent?
p: for 2-3 years. i think rent maybe about $50 a month?
me: i don't think so la. for so long, definitely cheaper to buy la. (i went on to quote my own experience in trying to rent wheelchairs and beds - in which buying was definitely more worth it than renting)

which reminds me, i still have no idea where to help him start looking seeing that i'm totally clueless about treadmills. he should go to a sports shop to shop! maybe i can just lend him my world of sports membership discount card. hmph.


i forgot how random my p can be. sometimes asking people to do things for him out of nowhere. i still remember one particular time he 'made' me helped his family book a badminton court online.

but it's these little 'unexpected' things that makes your work just that slightly more interesting.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous starlitey said...

Hey babe, you know what? that all sounds so familiar...haha!! i get these too..

July 30, 2010 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger xiu said...

yeah i think we are all our p's unofficial pa la... hehe

July 30, 2010 at 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home