Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Dr. Bok

i went to see my rehab doctor, Dr. Bok today. and seeing him is such an encouraging thing. he was genuinely very happy to see that i was walking so well (in his opinion) and he seemed really glad that i was making such progress. even though everyone else (or maybe just my family) always seem to tell me that i need to work harder.

believe it or not, Dr. Bok's way of encouragement definitely works better for me. you'll naturally want to work harder when you are happy and receiving positive feedback. how is it possible that anyone, other than myself, be more eager for me to be able to walk properly? am i not the one suffering? pouring cold water on me isn't going to help matters. and i definitely don't take well to nagging. maybe i'm a little rebellious/stubborn, but the more you nag, the more i'm reluctant to do it. =X

anyhow, it was a good trip to sgh. seeing this doctor is like meeting an old friend, and updating him on how i was doing, seeking his advice on small little matters and just having him tell me i was REALLY making quite good progress given the severity of my injuries. he said i shouldn't just be concentrating on walking and preparing to go back to work, that i should do stuff that i used to enjoy before my accident, like shopping! lol. activities that involve me walking around and not just sitting down most of the time. to slowly integrate back to society and start having a social life. well, of course i would like that but not everyone has the time to accommodate me. so i guess 慢慢来吧, i will heal at my own time. i sure do not want to rush into things. =)

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
— Mark Twain

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home